Sunday, June 14, 2009

Relay For Life '09







There is never an easy way to talk about what my family and most of all my Dad has been through in the last three years as he has waged and never ending and tiresome battle with Incurable and now terminal Esophageal Cancer. There are truly no words to express the emotional roller coaster I have found myself on these past few years, but there is thankfulness, and there is pride and in small ways there are victories. I know this Sunday I will be spending my very last fathers day with my Dad, though it brings tears of lose, it also brings tears of joy, blessed are we every single day that Dad has gotten this far and every day we are thankful for another. Most of all I am thankful for all my father will leave with me when he is no longer on this earth, I am so thankful for the memories, weather accompanied with tears or laughter, I am so very blessed to have had a father that loved me so much and it is those memories that will carry me through the days when it feels like they have no end to the pain.


AS you know my [DAD] is the reason for Team Sparrows and our participation in Relay For Life, this year our team doubled in size and we had team 1 and team 2, though we had not raised the funds we had hoped, we just received two LARGE anonymous donations this past week along with our two fund raisers from the Relay and valiant efforts by one, Mrs. Cindy Thompson we have raised a whooping $510!!! The event is always filled with stories, some of celebration, some of pain and it is probably one of the most draining events I have ever been involved in, but it also is one of the most gratifying and as I captured the moments of this years Relay I was taken back at how much LOVE surrounds this event. Caregivers holding up fighters and survivors, friends supporting caregivers and all of us sharing a bond that though invisible is so thick it is felt by all who participate. I was honored to be this years Official photographer and I can't wait to share some of my treasures with you. For those of you who ordered Team CD's they will be available to ship next week!!

No comments: